Our readers asked for more tips about productivity and email, so here is a tip that combines both subjects. Boomerang is a tool that you can use in Gmail or Outlook that can:
- Schedule emails
- Schedule followup reminders
- Setup notifications when someone hasn't responded to your email by a certain day.
These are just a few of Boomerang's features. The Gmail/Google Apps version is free, and the Outlook version is $29.99 (one time) with a 30-day free trial.
Here are some ways you might use Boomerang for work:
- An accountant can schedule recurring emails to remind clients about tax deadlines.
- A sales rep can schedule followup emails to be sent to prospects.
- A consultant that serves international clients can schedule emails to be sent in the recipients' time zones.
- An account manager can schedule holiday/birthday notes to send to customers.
- A medical office can schedule appointment reminders for patients.