Handwritten notes with pen and paper have certain advantages over typing out notes on a computer. If you don't believe me take a look at the science behind taking longhand note-taking. The issue with handwritten notes is that they are not as easily organized in our modern digital office. In today's modern world, having a mobile digital solution is becoming a requirement for most professionals. OneNote is one great solution that can increase your productivity and seamlessly integrate into your daily workflow.
What is OneNote?
OneNote is Microsoft's multi-platform note taking app. Whether you’re at home, attending a conference, or at the office, you have access to OneNote to take notes wherever you go. OneNote automatically saves and synchronizes your notes so you are able to focus on your workflow. It works with Office 365 and is great for 2 and 1 one devices such as Microsoft's Surface Pro or an iPad Pro. Most commonly used operating systems have a version of OneNote available to download. Working with Office 365 enables you to be able to have your notes on all your devices and have them integrate seamlessly with your Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files. Some of the key features listed are:
- Capture anything: Take or import a picture and attach them to your notes.
- Collaborate: Share notes with colleagues and work as team on new projects
- Listen: Record audio while taking notes.
- Write & Draw: With a stylus for you touch screen enabled devices you are able to scribble notes, sketch new ideas, or write on imported PDF files.
- Organization: Organize your notes in a way that works best for you. Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks. Locate your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most.
- OneNote can graph handwritten equations and even let you manipulate variables to see the visual effect of changes.
OneNote is free on iPhone and many other devices. Download OneNote and sign in with your Microsoft Account or the Office 365 account assigned to you by your office. Let us know if you have questions about getting started with OneNote or Office 365 setup for your business.